At Ecoholic, we take the climate crisis seriously.
It is, after all, the biggest threat to our beloved planet and our species.
There are countless actions a person can take to reduce his/her environmental impact. Whether it’s his/her diet, the way he/she commutes, or his/her consumption habits.
We are here to help with the clothing part. The fashion industry is currently the 2nd largest polluter on earth, but together we can change that!
Here is how we try to do our part:
In our office, we try to maintain a sustainable lifestyle.
Every new employee receives a reusable water bottle on his/her first.
We have stainless steel reusable cutlery in the company kitchen.
Single-use water bottles and cutlery are banned.
We have 4 recycling bins for glass, plastic, paper, and metal (soda cans).
We print hard copies only if necessary.
Our employees get up to 15% discount in some of the vegan restaurants in our area. This gives them an incentive to eat more plant-based food. Plant-based food is far better for the planet than a conventional, meat and dairy-rich diet.
All of our products are made from 100% sustainable materials.
Whether it’s organic cotton, recycled cotton, recycled polyester, or any other.
We also use 100% eco-certified (by OEKO-TEX) water-based inks in most of our products. Those inks are much more planet-friendly than traditional inks.
Most of our products are packaged in a recyclable cardboard sleeve. Even the delivery notes are recycled! We are constantly working with our suppliers to expand this packaging method to all of our products.
At Ecoholic, we do not keep stocks of pre-purchased goods. For each and every order, we only manufacture and print the needed products.
By doing so, we are saving thousands of hours of work for people and machines, we are saving huge storage space, and of course - we're also saving countless GHG emissions produced by not manufacturing unnecessary products.
Some stats about the environmental effects of the fashion industry
You can read more about it in our blog post “3 Facts About Fast Fashion That Will Make You Reconsider Your Shopping Choices”
- The fashion industry is the 2nd largest polluter on earth.
- It accounts for 10% of the global greenhouse gas emissions.
- The production of a traditional cotton t-shirt weighing 8.8oz emits 15lb of CO2.
- The production of an organic cotton t-shirt weighing 8.8oz emits only 46% of that - 6.9lb of CO2.
- About 70,000,000 barrels of oil are used to produce Polyester for our clothing.
- It takes about 713 gallons (2700 Liters) of water to produce a conventional cotton t-shirt.
- Organic cotton t-shirt takes 91% less water to produce.
- Conventional cotton accounts for 24% of the global insecticide use and 11% of pesticide use.
- Organic cotton does not use pesticides and insecticides.